What is Crafty?
Crafty is a Minecraft Server Wrapper / Controller / Launcher. The purpose of Crafty is to launch a Minecraft server in the background and present a web interface for the admin to use to interact with their server. Crafty is compatible with Windows (7, 8, 10), Linux, and Mac ( Linux and Mac support done via Python/Pip).
Crafty is coded in Python 3.7 and uses the following technologies:
- Tornado webserver used as a backend for the web side.
- Argon2 used for password hashing. One of the most secure password hashers around.
- SQLite DB used for settings and other data storage.
- Adminlte used for web templating.
- Font Awesome 4 used for Buttons and other graphical things.
How does this all work?
Crafty is launched via the command line, normally via a bat or sh script. Crafty will then automatically start a Tornado web server on the back end, as well as your Minecraft server if auto-start is enabled. You can remotely manage your server via the web interface, either on a PC, or on your phone. Logins are secure and use the most advanced web security models available.
What do I get?
With Crafty, you get a beautiful dashboard as well as several other views that allow you to gain insight into your server, how it’s performing, as well as ease of maintenance.
Current Features Include:
- Server Dashboard: Cpu, Mem, Disk usage, Players online, and other helpful information
- Server Actions: Start / Stop / Restart your server remotely
- Virtual Console: Need to fire off a command quickly? Type your command and it will instantly be sent to the server.
- Logs: Detailed log review, including an errors / warnings section with line numbers, and easy to use search.
- Backups: Backup your server, as well as download your backups easily via the web.
- Scheduled Tasks: This feature is currently under development. Automatically backup your server, reboot on a schedule, or even send commands on a schedule.
- Easy Configuration: Easy to use configuration pages allow you to change crafty’s and Minecrafts settings.
What Minecraft Servers do you support?
Crafty supports almost any server out there that runs a jar. Spigot, Bukkit, Paper, Cat server, Vanilla. If it’s a jar, chances are that Crafty will run it.
How do I install?
Simple, download the latest release for your platform via the releases page, or maybe a weekly snapshot. You will find install instructions in the docs. For windows, it boils down to unzipping and running the program. For Linux, it’s a little more complicated, but there is a quick and easy tutorial that can have you up and running in 2 minutes, or you can use the Linux installer.
Crafty is an open source project, and is Free (both free in cost, and free in speech).
Contact us via Discord: here